Monday, August 15, 2011

Getting there

In July 2011, I did a 3 week motorcycle ride through Bulgaria and Turkey with SpecialAgentNancy Here is a picture to put things in perspective :-)


Flight

A nice surprise, a middle row of 4 with only 2 passengers! The other person and I took the outside seats and I looked forward to some sleep, as I always do on long haul flights. Went to the bathroom after dinner and came back to find a stupid German girl (from the row behind) in my seat. Why? "my TV is not working". Well its a night flight miss, give your eyes some rest and go back to your seat. No, she just moved to the next seat over and watched TV all night :( To make things worse, the seat (it is not on exit row) does not recline "because it is next to the exit row". First time I heard that BS. Fortunately, on this Lufthansa A340-600, there is a mall style restroom area downstairs (yes a Lower Deck!) with 6 generously sized toilets


and with the changing table open, a flexible body like mine can actually lay down flat. Not that anyone should ever sleep in a toilet...

Arrived in Sofia and Luke (LukeKTM) is at the airport to pick us up and take to his house where the bikes are waiting. Thank you Luke. Here he is with his sons the next day


No comments:

Post a Comment