Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Yenifoca and Foca

We should have just left Yenifoca after all the trouble finding a campsite or hotel. Met a biker in downtown who took us to a few places looking for a room and eventually to a campsite that turned out to be the worst of this trip. There was even an episode of Nancy returning from the bathroom with "you won't believe this, there are goats in my bathroom"!

You have to remember why the toilets stink?

I have learned a great many things from Advrider.com over the years, one of them was in ShinyThings on why the toilets in Asia/Africa stink so much. Well because they don't have traps! This knowledge came in handy in Yenifoca where heritage style toilets are still in vogue. I knew immediately the reason behind the smell. Thank you Advrider.


I raise my 5 satellite dishes to your 4 satellite dishes

Another common sight in Turkey is satellite dishes on houses, sometimes many of them on one roof. I chalked it up to friendly neighborhood rivalry. While walking around in Yenifoca, I saw one house with 5 satellite dishes. So I commented that this must be to one-up his neighbor with 4. Well that must have been my Oracle moment as the neighbor indeed had 4 dishes! Unfortunately no picture.

Checked out early next morning from this dump campsite and went to Foca, which is much nicer. We met a friendly BMW rider by the pier who took us to the downtown where we had a good breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment