Tuesday, August 16, 2011

How about some hot tea

When I was a kid, my grandfather told me that hot tea on a hot day cools you down. This view is also shared by the Turks as they drink hot tea all day, even in 95+ temp. Sometime they would flag us down just to offer some of this hot tea and to chit-chat. Now I drink my tea/coffee lukewarm even here so no way I am drinking hot tea in that weather.

So as we pulled into one of the rest stops, I asked Nancy, how about some hot tea and she said "how about I give you a hot tea shower". This reminded me of the exchange between Lady Astor (another Nancy!) and Churchill, "If you were my husband, I'd poison your tea," she said, to which he responded, "Madam, if you were my wife, I'd drink it!"

Now I see a pattern here. Nancys (Nancies?) trying to kill men with tea!

One way to beat the heat, also at one of these rest stops, is to soak yourself at a Turkish car wash


No comments:

Post a Comment